"What's on your mind?"
That is the invitation that we are offered by Facebook.  I wonder if an equally valid question is "What's not on your mind."  Answer: Everything minus and infinitesimally small amount of thought that my mind is capable of entertaining at any given moment.
Maybe that's what they mean by, "thinking outside the box."
Then again, what about thinking more deeply inside the box?  The box being my consciousness.
What if I swept away all thoughts?  Take a broom to them and put them under the carpet of my limited understanding for awhile and allow my mind to be denuded (along with my body--which I allow to be denuded in the clothing optional campground I live in.)
I wonder if, when I consult with my mind, I run into a sign that says, "Thoughts optional."  Can I take them off as easily as my clothes? "Not hardly" (db. negative intended.)
Each week, Rochelle and I do a live radio show at www.bbsradio.com/insightout, (Tuesdays7PM PDT) and each week we challenge ourselves with "What's on our minds?  or "What's in our hearts." Or, more juicy, what is waiting to be discovered in our spontaneous live intercourse?

So I say to my mind, "Surprise me!"  Show me something that I never thought before...Highlight my mistakes and all the ways that I am incorrect so that I can realize something better, more far out. (Notice I did not use the term "wrong," as in right or wrong.)

So, what is on your mind?  In particular, what confounds, befuddles, boggles and otherwise blows your mind.  That's where the mind expansion takes place. Call in to our show this Tuesday, or at the very least, go to the archives, download or play one of the recent radio programs that intrigues you and see if it challenges you and your mind.

I think of a fountain of effervescent thoughts, popping out our minds, like a volcano, and the lava like implications of those new thoughts washing across the hillsides of our awareness.

So, as of now, I don't know what next Tuesday's topic will be, but it will be fun and provocative and, if does not take you outside the box, then hopefully take you more deeply into the box where you might discover something that reflects the following statement from the Urantia Book:

"It is high time that man had a religious experience so personal and so sublime that it could be realized and expressed only by “feelings that lie too deep for words.” 

Think on't
Andy Rumi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BUMPING INTO NOT ME

IS GOD TWO-FACED? Part 2 "Let's Face It"

HOW TO BECOME THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD